The Kearsley Lake Reservoir was created to serve as a water supply for the City of Flint when the Kearsley Dam was erected in 1929. And it still serves as a backup water supply for the City today. Although the majority of the lake is in Genesee Township, the lake and the surrounding shoreline are controlled by the city of Flint and Flint Water Department. Currently there are no public beaches or boat launches, but there are areas on the north side of the lake and Golf course that a small boat or canoe could be launched. Because the lake is controlled by the City of Flint it is not possible for an individual or a group of people to regulate what happens on the lake.
We are on Facebook or https://www.facebook.com/kearsleylake/